| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Windows Live Messenger.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Versions Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Windows Live Messenger main window
|Size||17.9MB (18,842,920 bytes)|
|Type||Instant messaging client|
Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0168.00_ClientV8.1 Beta installer file has a size of 17.9 MB (18,842,920 bytes).
File details Edit
Product name: Messenger
Product version: 8.1.0168
File type: Application (.exe)
File size: 17.9 MB (18,842,920 bytes)
File description: Windows Live Messenger Installer
File version: 6.0.2900.2180
Copyright: Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
File download Edit
Official Links Edit
- Direct Link:
File hashes Edit
CRC32: 6D978A8A HAVAL: 1405FE8C96C3B0267BD6643D3B772DC0DB5A5AF542727F5246451265E68FD3A5 MD2: 0DE57AF67378989E093A516058DAAE6C MD4: FDB32BC9F944A8DF2B22DFA5BED95C5A MD5: 79DCB050BAE7819CDB90D3D1F8C7A6A8 RIPEMD-128: 0E96F15CDF62090899C57FC7F8C6AAF7 RIPEMD-256: 61C3510D328A6C3E183796FE6BB778655E261D06D9A81AD9730BA1EC9D24B4E1 RIPEMD-320: B9656434AAB96ED3E45359F63430208399BA43B3CFFCC460702EA338A745FE9930DA0FADAC721F15 SHA-1: 9659686ED2B2470C86C974A0E6E3C4AA4F005A50 SHA-512: 82DD52D9CA35101DE0F36AADA66E54880B0F5020AD4AFD34B9A08FBF595C096E7C3196385F1BEDCACE19DCF249BB1AFC451C1DFDF5765CF5565AF56A4568E3B6 Tiger: 35CE789CD47DF7B45F6290BB97570FF0FB82DE3B93A9CD05 Whirlpool: A03A311655E7D2E89A4AD138E466AF44298C59FE84F2B13A7731C314CADEB1EDFA297B9382B52FCB3574983D07A3E94BF2E86957EBBD5E559C1D79B02460ED28
- Voice calling
- This feature will let users who sign up for Windows Live Call to easily call landline and mobile phones. You will be able to set up a Windows Live phone call account through the Messenger interface and start making calls within minutes. You will be able to purchase minutes upfront, then add minutes when your balance runs low. One of the great things about this will be the affordable domestic and international calls you will be able to make.
- You will still be able to make PC-to-PC calls for free, with no need to sign up for a Windows Live Call account, so long as you and your Messenger contact both have compatible speakers and microphones (or headsets).
- Sharing Folders
- Sharing Folders will be a new and simple way for you to share personal photos, documents, and files with your Messenger contacts. You will be able to create a Sharing Folder by simply dragging files onto a contact name in Messenger. This will create an exact copy of the files on both you and your contact's computers, and create a Sharing Folder that can be accessed from Messenger, and on the desktop.
- Sharing Folders will be easier than e-mail for sharing photos and documents. In a Sharing Folder, any time a file in the folder is added, modified, or deleted, those changes will be synchronized with the person you’re sharing with. The Sharing File icon in Messenger will also show you a gleam on a contact so you will know when a Sharing File has been updated. And it’s a simple drag-and-drop to share files, even simpler than the "send file" and "save as" functions you are already familiar with in Messenger.
- Sharing Folders will work pretty much like the PC folder experience you already know, so it will make sense right away. Just like in Windows, you will be able to drag-and-drop, get different views of files, copy, paste, etc. You will be able to access a Sharing Folder from your desktop, to manage files whether online or offline. A Sharing Folder requires virtually zero setup or configuration, and efficiently handles file synchronization without any fuss.
Release notes Edit
Change logs Edit
See also Edit
- Windows Live Messenger — Windows Live Messenger