| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Windows Live Messenger.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Versions Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Windows Live Messenger main window
|Size||17.3MB (18,235,176 bytes)|
|Type||Instant messaging client|
Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0068.00_ClientV8.1 Beta installer file has a size of 17.3 MB (18,235,176 bytes).
File details Edit
Product name: Messenger
Product version: 8.1.0068
File type: Application (.exe)
File size: 17.3 MB (18,235,176 bytes)
File description: Windows Live Messenger Installer
File version: 6.0.2900.2180
Copyright: Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
File download Edit
Official Links Edit
- Download Page:
- http://messenger.msn.com/ (Mismatch)
- Direct Link:
File hashes Edit
CRC32: 4FD6170A HAVAL: 09817768A7607AFA69CAE77DABC2613E6BA79223F8EAA5F7C3A4E41115F93558 MD2: EEA59040043B557DA6C2DE9B731AE127 MD4: CAB4E4FB2555C22B510FF432BCB8F89D MD5: DAD5CDE09F8A413874EB9E5B407434C3 RIPEMD-128: 4B4F7E70FF8D3752DA102C261DBB124A RIPEMD-256: F8213EC4EE059DDA12F1F75BC5880F71883257E13260A5BA4307286053F5F776 RIPEMD-320: B181252614679C6E4E18E906AC14A8F62296290408E4AB1A979AB3CA4C58884955F34C6289E87FFA SHA-1: 53D17F73E61A0904EA75426B966AC35537621E36 SHA-512: 625A7E917DAFE624974A94D4F9B90629696537639D1C7883801356134C25D167304B947CEC163D6FD160EE5FD659D3990F17C8EB91A3EFD6874D34D840559F01 Tiger: 549F897C1488452FFC20030716B355BCFC99EB0770E2E47F Whirlpool: EAFE9CFDF4FAFE1DBE2B7DC5E2111E7F4F751C67626978FBA1BF11C933776BB3FD140193E0ECE413FD224442D63A336AAE4E13E777AF09C75C650DCF142D44B0
- Voice calling
- This feature will let users who sign up for Windows Live Call to easily call landline and mobile phones. You will be able to set up a Windows Live phone call account through the Messenger interface and start making calls within minutes. You will be able to purchase minutes upfront, then add minutes when your balance runs low. One of the great things about this will be the affordable domestic and international calls you will be able to make.
- You will still be able to make PC-to-PC calls for free, with no need to sign up for a Windows Live Call account, so long as you and your Messenger contact both have compatible speakers and microphones (or headsets).
- Sharing Folders
- Sharing Folders will be a new and simple way for you to share personal photos, documents, and files with your Messenger contacts. You will be able to create a Sharing Folder by simply dragging files onto a contact name in Messenger. This will create an exact copy of the files on both you and your contact's computers, and create a Sharing Folder that can be accessed from Messenger, and on the desktop.
- Sharing Folders will be easier than e-mail for sharing photos and documents. In a Sharing Folder, any time a file in the folder is added, modified, or deleted, those changes will be synchronized with the person you’re sharing with. The Sharing File icon in Messenger will also show you a gleam on a contact so you will know when a Sharing File has been updated. And it’s a simple drag-and-drop to share files, even simpler than the "send file" and "save as" functions you are already familiar with in Messenger.
- Sharing Folders will work pretty much like the PC folder experience you already know, so it will make sense right away. Just like in Windows, you will be able to drag-and-drop, get different views of files, copy, paste, etc. You will be able to access a Sharing Folder from your desktop, to manage files whether online or offline. A Sharing Folder requires virtually zero setup or configuration, and efficiently handles file synchronization without any fuss.
Release notes Edit
Change logs Edit
See also Edit
- Windows Live Messenger — Windows Live Messenger