| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Windows Live Messenger.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Versions Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Windows Live Messenger main window
|Size||17.3MB (18,235,176 bytes)|
|Type||Instant messaging client|
Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0066.00_ClientV8.1 Beta installer file has a size of 17.3 MB (18,235,176 bytes).
File details Edit
Product name: Messenger
Product version: 8.1.0066
File type: Application (.exe)
File size: 17.3 MB (18,235,176 bytes)
File description: Windows Live Messenger Installer
File version: 6.0.2900.2180
Copyright: Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
File download Edit
Official Links Edit
- Download Page:
- http://messenger.msn.com/ (Mismatch)
- Direct Link:
File hashes Edit
CRC32: 93E9DCC6 HAVAL: 1F074FC3525E11CD59DF79A327DDC0C4CC42A092F79818C4CA2BD607134DF7EC MD2: B50C406594B9D78300D6F12C797F92AB MD4: 764C68926C4DCEC291F7C3DBBE9BC76C MD5: B5FB1A881426002BD8DD46491CC2E8F0 RIPEMD-128: 24E5F3F4D91FDBB7E0ED1FBA19848B35 RIPEMD-256: 134C37820BA94C69C8426589B2C4949D4B458A4DC0FEBC78413530276945E812 RIPEMD-320: C40072B001A365D7A4F91903B3DD5D23B758B8F5BC2331F461E81417BB52BEA27EA82F1E2A0C0D82 SHA-1: 7584674FE5C56EBE1C00E70EC9F2C8CD94B0CCF4 SHA-512: 29EF68497CCC72F63EFBAA0B0C2DA13D3DB7EC3E6643492A940405B256B202B05845EF256DA42D35CFEB4719DDF3F0A09C8D064FA2F06D2C6C8772E1F54D0D74 Tiger: 4BD0EA08F60245C38B4570FC4BDEF7942F5B77521DAEEBC2 Whirlpool: 12862876EA7E14299E23E15C107B0B8D33C31FC87AC3DD9D4686B8097237C3C59F76CDB41B5DDEA83DB4D65567C9F6BDC67A0BF1FEEEC10B80F35AF7DCBFFF77
- Voice calling
- This feature will let users who sign up for Windows Live Call to easily call landline and mobile phones. You will be able to set up a Windows Live phone call account through the Messenger interface and start making calls within minutes. You will be able to purchase minutes upfront, then add minutes when your balance runs low. One of the great things about this will be the affordable domestic and international calls you will be able to make.
- You will still be able to make PC-to-PC calls for free, with no need to sign up for a Windows Live Call account, so long as you and your Messenger contact both have compatible speakers and microphones (or headsets).
- Sharing Folders
- Sharing Folders will be a new and simple way for you to share personal photos, documents, and files with your Messenger contacts. You will be able to create a Sharing Folder by simply dragging files onto a contact name in Messenger. This will create an exact copy of the files on both you and your contact's computers, and create a Sharing Folder that can be accessed from Messenger, and on the desktop.
- Sharing Folders will be easier than e-mail for sharing photos and documents. In a Sharing Folder, any time a file in the folder is added, modified, or deleted, those changes will be synchronized with the person you’re sharing with. The Sharing File icon in Messenger will also show you a gleam on a contact so you will know when a Sharing File has been updated. And it’s a simple drag-and-drop to share files, even simpler than the "send file" and "save as" functions you are already familiar with in Messenger.
- Sharing Folders will work pretty much like the PC folder experience you already know, so it will make sense right away. Just like in Windows, you will be able to drag-and-drop, get different views of files, copy, paste, etc. You will be able to access a Sharing Folder from your desktop, to manage files whether online or offline. A Sharing Folder requires virtually zero setup or configuration, and efficiently handles file synchronization without any fuss.
Release notes Edit
Change logs Edit
See also Edit
- Windows Live Messenger — Windows Live Messenger