| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Windows Live Messenger.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Versions Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Windows Live Messenger main window
|Size||17.3MB (18,235,176 bytes)|
|Type||Instant messaging client|
Windows Live Messenger 8.1.0064.00_ClientV8.1 Beta installer file has a size of 17.3 MB (18,235,176 bytes).
File details Edit
Product name: Messenger
Product version: 8.1.0064
File type: Application (.exe)
File size: 17.3 MB (18,235,176 bytes)
File description: Windows Live Messenger Installer
File version: 6.0.2900.2180
Copyright: Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
File download Edit
Official Links Edit
- Download Page:
- http://messenger.msn.com/ (Mismatch)
- Direct Link:
File hashes Edit
CRC32: ECC6336F HAVAL: F8CA9898131EB6EE9AA3F9B2BFBC112B8DD1EA8D066E2B7667B5B3862C145732 MD2: 9B5494617FC386C844ED1305BC0B6901 MD4: AA1752C9CF66ECAB7AC82DF91E3DAC20 MD5: BA12CCC3B24D785A5067E3D7830365C6 RIPEMD-128: FBA5D4E62516941FACBC136399DD0129 RIPEMD-256: 62A00D19D53FCA897194D9D637600D86FCA21C69ED0AD3704D490B69A84834AA RIPEMD-320: FEFA9D0330815F00FFA3A8CA0C9E92982938D18C3E57D54119EA4F6C638F7DBB2E15F152886D3E23 SHA-1: 4F53BFC1E1C8AB0A22DE2FB55B4B62B7978A2E34 SHA-512: 166509E06D9CE2BD12DEF5DE6968B0CE4B3A1076F059F8BF361DBA4DE941688FFD96D6B56501188A4F32D8E69750450F6AD3D79278CF91AB5934F75F8A46EDF0 Tiger: AE6B90E35EC98165D00C4FBF3D69FF3C557D676DEF71D1F1 Whirlpool: 1AD1D551299ADFD4994967B52C667D2F4C6060E9E47A389C6B2947632BDFE6EE972D9784DBF54B177D1A08D0250CEFEF1F1D78C6DD471392910F631D1C725B17
- Voice calling
- This feature will let users who sign up for Windows Live Call to easily call landline and mobile phones. You will be able to set up a Windows Live phone call account through the Messenger interface and start making calls within minutes. You will be able to purchase minutes upfront, then add minutes when your balance runs low. One of the great things about this will be the affordable domestic and international calls you will be able to make.
- You will still be able to make PC-to-PC calls for free, with no need to sign up for a Windows Live Call account, so long as you and your Messenger contact both have compatible speakers and microphones (or headsets).
- Sharing Folders
- Sharing Folders will be a new and simple way for you to share personal photos, documents, and files with your Messenger contacts. You will be able to create a Sharing Folder by simply dragging files onto a contact name in Messenger. This will create an exact copy of the files on both you and your contact's computers, and create a Sharing Folder that can be accessed from Messenger, and on the desktop.
- Sharing Folders will be easier than e-mail for sharing photos and documents. In a Sharing Folder, any time a file in the folder is added, modified, or deleted, those changes will be synchronized with the person you’re sharing with. The Sharing File icon in Messenger will also show you a gleam on a contact so you will know when a Sharing File has been updated. And it’s a simple drag-and-drop to share files, even simpler than the "send file" and "save as" functions you are already familiar with in Messenger.
- Sharing Folders will work pretty much like the PC folder experience you already know, so it will make sense right away. Just like in Windows, you will be able to drag-and-drop, get different views of files, copy, paste, etc. You will be able to access a Sharing Folder from your desktop, to manage files whether online or offline. A Sharing Folder requires virtually zero setup or configuration, and efficiently handles file synchronization without any fuss.
Release notes Edit
Change logs Edit
- Improved Vista compatibility
- New Personal Expressions UI (menus for Winks, Emoticons, etc.)
- New Personal Status Message options (eg. Show your location)
- New look for Contact Cards
- A new branding platform
- Improved re-authentication at sign in
- Roaming Display Pictures (following you wherever you go)
- New platform architecture in key areas such as automatic updates and object store (where your personalized data is kept on your computer)
- Added a sign-out option in the status menu
See also Edit
- Windows Live Messenger — Windows Live Messenger