| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Windows Live Messenger.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Versions Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Windows Live Messenger main window
|Size||15.3MB (16,067,072 bytes)|
|Type||Instant messaging client|
Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0683.00_Branches Beta installer file has a size of 15.3 MB (16,067,072 bytes).
File details Edit
Product name: Messenger
Product version: 8.0.0683
File type: Application (.exe)
File size: 15.3 MB (16,067,072 bytes)
File description: Windows Live Messenger Installer
File version: 6.0.2900.2180
Copyright: Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
File download Edit
Official Links Edit
- Download Page:
- Direct Link:
File hashes Edit
CRC32: 7C2F926F HAVAL: 74790603ECB89E815C37333F51470C9973B6CD27CCABEFF5432EABEB473D8410 MD2: 2F3CEBB904BEAFD0AAFCCC195847E7BC MD4: AE36A9C088A4A5C33E5E551F59B5A51F MD5: 47ACCA04948BD73019B2F5039C66423C RIPEMD-128: CC6ABC1EDD2CF3593C73D696D298F672 RIPEMD-256: B72BD7346A428D9B58F82C35D547C06DA719EC911173A06A3DB074D601BAB263 RIPEMD-320: 8B7FA84A269DFF1CF61BE65CA1A516DF4E614919B3CE559234E533B34ED403645F46C8E4D34A4635 SHA-1: F71676BCD5B193CFF9596C8137F6CF6E8E73A007 SHA-512: C2AC509FB12E939D7BBC7BCACECB556C5AFEA6F99D62102FE0CF1952544B1A4D45EAEED8B60FB49E9117F141BD674B430D84D930182299BF3EFDDAE37FE34597 Tiger: C44C429A475FD0D69316965EFEF3204D7F6297AB75455B05 Whirlpool: 9AC7784E3A82DEB477B21ED0D897C4A4B8F788C37C864FE66C5D0E7006D076228EC3EAEB703CE61F60E1F0EA73FBDCAFEBF2DDC6481FF09754157F5CFAE06AA3
- Voice calling
- This feature will let users who sign up for Windows Live Call to easily call landline and mobile phones. You will be able to set up a Windows Live phone call account through the Messenger interface and start making calls within minutes. You will be able to purchase minutes upfront, then add minutes when your balance runs low. One of the great things about this will be the affordable domestic and international calls you will be able to make.
- You will still be able to make PC-to-PC calls for free, with no need to sign up for a Windows Live Call account, so long as you and your Messenger contact both have compatible speakers and microphones (or headsets).
- Sharing Folders
- Sharing Folders will be a new and simple way for you to share personal photos, documents, and files with your Messenger contacts. You will be able to create a Sharing Folder by simply dragging files onto a contact name in Messenger. This will create an exact copy of the files on both you and your contact's computers, and create a Sharing Folder that can be accessed from Messenger, and on the desktop.
- Sharing Folders will be easier than e-mail for sharing photos and documents. In a Sharing Folder, any time a file in the folder is added, modified, or deleted, those changes will be synchronized with the person you’re sharing with. The Sharing File icon in Messenger will also show you a gleam on a contact so you will know when a Sharing File has been updated. And it’s a simple drag-and-drop to share files, even simpler than the "send file" and "save as" functions you are already familiar with in Messenger.
- Sharing Folders will work pretty much like the PC folder experience you already know, so it will make sense right away. Just like in Windows, you will be able to drag-and-drop, get different views of files, copy, paste, etc. You will be able to access a Sharing Folder from your desktop, to manage files whether online or offline. A Sharing Folder requires virtually zero setup or configuration, and efficiently handles file synchronization without any fuss.
- New features
- Rhapsody Music Service ("Discover, play and share from Rhapsody's extensive catalog")
- Windows Live Call Beta, PC-to-telephone calling provided by MCI Web Call
- Windows Live Sign-in Assistant ("See all your Windows Live ID accounts at sign-in with Internet Explorer")
- "In a Call" status (automatically enabled with Windows Live Call)
- Option to remove "[contact's name] says:" preceding IMs in conversations
- Windows Live Messenger events (sounds) integrated in Alerts and Sounds options tab
- The return of the (removable) MSN Today popup
- Calendar icon in main window
- "Show shadows and animation" and change Window color options in the General options tab
Release notes Edit
Change logs Edit
- Visual innovation:
- New desktop/program icon
- New Sharing Folders icon
- New Video Conversation and Call a contact icons (also in main window)
- New features
- The revamped dashboard shows the new "In a Call" status which can be automatically enabled when starting a Windows Live Call
- Next to the email, Sharing Folders, and Space icons, tehre is a new calendar/clock icon which is a link to the Windows Live Today popup
- Extra security options
- "Encrypt contact list data so that it is not accessible outside of Windows Live Messenger"
- New tiny webcam icon
- Different sounds for a new alert, new e-mail, new message, and when a contact signs in
See also Edit
- Windows Live Messenger — Windows Live Messenger