| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Windows Live Messenger.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Versions Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Windows Live Messenger main window
|Preview release||2009 Build 9.0.1407.1107|
|Size||17.2MB (18,103,296 bytes)|
|Type||Instant messaging client|
Windows Live Messenger 2009 Build 9.0.1407.1107 Beta installer file has a size of 17.2 MB (18,103,296 bytes).
File details Edit
Product name: N/A
Product version: N/A
File type: Windows Installer Package (.msi)
File size: 17.2 MB (18,103,296 bytes)
File description: N/A
File version: N/A
File download Edit
Official Links Edit
- Download Page:
- Direct Link:
File hashes Edit
CRC32: 7C6B5D50 HAVAL: D6A0300E4371AF9B6EBDFAA2C3FBA3C267595E98EE31F6012BD1AFA1CC77A9FB MD2: 420A9E7514D5A6CE99A967BCD246E934 MD4: E1D53D653023DA81427A6C3EA26C0720 MD5: CBED879C3D670134AA971B8C343F1BB2 RIPEMD-128: EAD3208582DB581B167398FBF2908317 RIPEMD-256: 79D4202D288E7AE75E62AC6ABF24A5D48CE4293116CD6E725D5630A4E59CD0F5 RIPEMD-320: 5C3268BDF4C27FEA2DC943E28C9166FD267BF5AF720B86FCE28DE4F4098762357D321F3B91D41659 SHA-1: CC13ADB18B076B426318496066011F1287C19EB5 SHA-512: E97A4D1715C86DC9EB0C6CE110E2BBFCBF729F8DCB67C23A150F7301A1A27C2C61AA62D8B7DDDF1F6821B04486D3F9D5BFBA748013D92FFA96D42F8088E66115 Tiger: B455B7B4E4F3C00C1E0FD210834DB93C61B2B0A6554FA0FB Whirlpool: 3A60CC82967711B50937AE4F550D2FAB6A19D8D0FF9C8D02532B0881E73EFFA9859C1E57D5CB2BC11E84FFD31B1FE76ED7CCA123A991B6FFCF5CD388672FA480
- Voice calling
- This feature will let users who sign up for Windows Live Call to easily call landline and mobile phones. You will be able to set up a Windows Live phone call account through the Messenger interface and start making calls within minutes. You will be able to purchase minutes upfront, then add minutes when your balance runs low. One of the great things about this will be the affordable domestic and international calls you will be able to make.
- You will still be able to make PC-to-PC calls for free, with no need to sign up for a Windows Live Call account, so long as you and your Messenger contact both have compatible speakers and microphones (or headsets).
- Sharing Folders
- Sharing Folders will be a new and simple way for you to share personal photos, documents, and files with your Messenger contacts. You will be able to create a Sharing Folder by simply dragging files onto a contact name in Messenger. This will create an exact copy of the files on both you and your contact's computers, and create a Sharing Folder that can be accessed from Messenger, and on the desktop.
- Sharing Folders will be easier than e-mail for sharing photos and documents. In a Sharing Folder, any time a file in the folder is added, modified, or deleted, those changes will be synchronized with the person you’re sharing with. The Sharing File icon in Messenger will also show you a gleam on a contact so you will know when a Sharing File has been updated. And it’s a simple drag-and-drop to share files, even simpler than the "send file" and "save as" functions you are already familiar with in Messenger.
- Sharing Folders will work pretty much like the PC folder experience you already know, so it will make sense right away. Just like in Windows, you will be able to drag-and-drop, get different views of files, copy, paste, etc. You will be able to access a Sharing Folder from your desktop, to manage files whether online or offline. A Sharing Folder requires virtually zero setup or configuration, and efficiently handles file synchronization without any fuss.
Release notes Edit
Change logs Edit
- Sign-in and messaging in multiple locations
- You can now sign into Messenger from more than one computer at a time, up to four at once.
- Simply sign into Messenger from one computer, install Messenger on another computer, and sign in using the same account.
- Signature sounds
- Pick your own personal sound that your contacts will hear when you sign into Messenger (only works if you and your contacts have Messenger 9.0 Beta).
- Per contact sounds
- Pick unique sounds for each of your contacts. You will be able to tell from across the room who is sending you a message.
- SPIM Reporting
- If users send you unsolicited messages or invitations that you consider spam, you can block them and report them as spammers.
- If you report a user as a spammer, the messenger service will collect this data and put appropriate restrictions on the spammer accounts.
- All reports of spammers are kept confidential.
- Animated Display Pictures
- Messenger now supports animated GIF file images as display pictures.
- Linka in Personal Status Message
- URLs in Personal Status Messages are clickable in the Messenger contact list.
- Behind the Scenes Changes
- Changes to sign-in, connectivity, presence, sending text IMs, and voice & video features
- Windows Live Contacts Server
- wlcomm.exe runs in the background to keep your contacts' information up-to-date and helps Messenger sign you in faster
See also Edit
- Windows Live Messenger — Windows Live Messenger