| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Windows Live Messenger.|
The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Versions Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.
Windows Live Messenger main window
|Preview release||2009 Build 14.0.5027.908|
|Size||23.8MB (24,961,024 bytes)|
|Type||Instant messaging client|
Windows Live Messenger 2009 Build 14.0.5027.908 Beta installer file has a size of 23.8 MB (24,961,024 bytes).
File details Edit
Product name: N/A
Product version: N/A
File type: Windows Installer Package (.msi)
File size: 23.8 MB (24,961,024 bytes)
File description: N/A
File version: N/A
File download Edit
Official Links Edit
- Download Page:
- Installer Link:
- Small online package
- Full offline package
- Direct Link:
File hashes Edit
CRC32: A2EEAD3A HAVAL: 850E2FB9FC06B4AD7529A504D7296302D1636B971D54522207FC1BA511201DA9 MD2: 193CC9C00F0A5A6E46FF84D0D01F6652 MD4: BAC6BA6CCFED972F4C80A4F5336539D0 MD5: 92B406342EBEC1D0D64A67BB17EABFD9 RIPEMD-128: 7C47213999BB686EC7BFCE185352FA31 RIPEMD-256: B23367C10BF440E94DAC8A4732E336D668179FF5020CCB10A538C3324F50F13A RIPEMD-320: 316E534F4C2B5C95CC2BD0B73ABC5B19B01CED4E387B1BD5478C81AB66EA98F3161ADBE2C64B81CE SHA-1: 65740F719DEEDF16F1DBADB348F90C55415E9BCE SHA-512: CA7CC1D50FA62CB4153EB908519BECE6DB3EB8AE129343807111DB5D6AAE8FF2AE73F5B70DACCA02567CCD1A65CE4CB40B88FD44B895F507B5C58BE57F494FEB Tiger: DF5FB3F56D22155B08A14629313202A4E4DB540B96A85706 Whirlpool: 5BB92DBE2D031EF10F10818D73EE2878209057EE3CCDF9FD1BABEBF4C7E63455C1964E09BE3F65A8408940A25D1A1B663EDF49D5AE5B5D6D3FA8D612ACC72CFC
- Voice calling
- This feature will let users who sign up for Windows Live Call to easily call landline and mobile phones. You will be able to set up a Windows Live phone call account through the Messenger interface and start making calls within minutes. You will be able to purchase minutes upfront, then add minutes when your balance runs low. One of the great things about this will be the affordable domestic and international calls you will be able to make.
- You will still be able to make PC-to-PC calls for free, with no need to sign up for a Windows Live Call account, so long as you and your Messenger contact both have compatible speakers and microphones (or headsets).
- Sharing Folders
- Sharing Folders will be a new and simple way for you to share personal photos, documents, and files with your Messenger contacts. You will be able to create a Sharing Folder by simply dragging files onto a contact name in Messenger. This will create an exact copy of the files on both you and your contact's computers, and create a Sharing Folder that can be accessed from Messenger, and on the desktop.
- Sharing Folders will be easier than e-mail for sharing photos and documents. In a Sharing Folder, any time a file in the folder is added, modified, or deleted, those changes will be synchronized with the person you’re sharing with. The Sharing File icon in Messenger will also show you a gleam on a contact so you will know when a Sharing File has been updated. And it’s a simple drag-and-drop to share files, even simpler than the "send file" and "save as" functions you are already familiar with in Messenger.
- Sharing Folders will work pretty much like the PC folder experience you already know, so it will make sense right away. Just like in Windows, you will be able to drag-and-drop, get different views of files, copy, paste, etc. You will be able to access a Sharing Folder from your desktop, to manage files whether online or offline. A Sharing Folder requires virtually zero setup or configuration, and efficiently handles file synchronization without any fuss.
Release notes Edit
Change logs Edit
- Hover-over contact options menu (Send an IM, send an e-mail, etc.)
- New Layout tab in Tools > Options allows you to customize the appearance of your contact list window.
- New softer sounds for contact signing in, e-mail, incoming/outgoing voice or video call, Windows Live Alert, and nudge.
- System sounds now have the same editor as signature sounds.
- Links in display names are not clickable. Those in PSMs are.
- Removed "Out to lunch", "In a call" and "Be right back". The Messenger statuses are now limited to "Available", "Away", "Busy", or "Appear offline".
- New "What I'm listening to" icon.
- Chat history button added to conversation window.
- Sharing folders feature makes room for Windows Live Skydrive:
- Click Files > Publish files online in the conversation windows.
- NOTE: Clicking "View your online files" in the hover menu on your own Display Picture opens a faulty link (skydrive.live-int.com instead of skydrive.live.com)
- New Display Picture options for webcam owners:
- Webcam snapshots and Tile with moods.
- Clicking your Display Picture in the main window allows you to change your Display Picture again (in 8.5, this just showed your contact card).
- Word wheel now offers Search for profiles and Live Search options.
See also Edit
- Windows Live Messenger — Windows Live Messenger